PHD - English Second Language
The pedagogy of language acquisition is of extreme importance in today's classrooms and businesses. This specialization provides the knowledge base to build successful programs to enhance the learning of the English language, to assess skills of diverse students and to design instruction with bilingual materials. Research and current analysis of ESL and ESOL theory provides the basis for the assessment and design process. (Note: Learners seeking ESL/ESOL certification should verify with appropriate state officials that this specialization meets applicable certification requirements.)
About Northcentral University
Northcentral University was founded with the goal of providing accessible, high-quality, online graduate degrees to working professionals. NCU currently serves students worldwide, focusing on Doctoral and Masterï¿½s degrees in the Schools of Business and Technology Management, Education, and Behavioral and Health Sciences. Providing unprecedented access to regionally accredited online graduate degree programs utilizing a One-to-One faculty-mentored approach to online learning with highly-credentialed faculty, Northcentral University is an excellent choice for adult students who share a passion for excellence in higher education.
Northcentral University educates professionals throughout the world and provides an accessible opportunity to earn a U.S. regionally accredited degree. Northcentral mentors students One-to-One with highly credentialed faculty via advanced delivery modalities. Northcentral commits to helping students achieve academically and become valuable contributors to their communities and within their professions.
Northcentral University is a premier online graduate university and a global leader in providing unprecedented access to U.S. regionally accredited higher education.
I.D.E.A.'s Founded on INTEGRITY
We hold all members of our community to the highest ethical standards of professional and academic conduct and the rules and regulations of U.S. higher education.
- Innovation: We envision new and innovative education delivery systems, and support proven concepts of teaching and learning. We encourage our community to seek solutions to educational challenges that will improve the quality of our programs and services.
- Diversity: We value diversity of thought and action as a strength that allows our community to transcend organizational and geographical boundaries. We expect members of our community to treat people with respect and dignity.
- Excellence: Our community is committed to excellence in academics and service. We value leadership and strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. We define and measure outcomes and take action to ensure that our communityï¿½s passion for excellence is never compromised.
- Accountability: We are deeply committed to holding each member of the University responsible for their scholarly and professional work. We expect financial responsibility in the actions of our students and University team.
- Regionally accredited
- One-to-One faculty mentored approach
- No physical residency requirements
- Highly credentialed faculty
- Applied experiential learning
- Weekly course starts
Northcentral University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA) (230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604, 1.800.621.7440, www.ncahlc.org). In addition to regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), NCUï¿½s degree programs in the School of Business and Technology Management are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). NCU was the first accredited online university to feature an ACBSP accredited business school.
Northcentral University strives to enable students to make informed choices about their academic program selection by making disclosures to prospective students in a clear, timely, and meaningful way. Visit www.ncu.edu/GE for more information.